Metaforms Workshop is a set of tools and designs that provide a rich, client development platform for GUI development. Contemporary web applications are more popular due to their 'lean' nature when it comes to deployment and the footprint left behind. ProKarma Metaforms Workshop enables higher productivity for Enterprise Business Applications while enhancing efficiency in process. The key features include:
- Metaforms Renderer supports a client-side Rendering Engine that is similar in nature to a Flash Plug-in on the client desktop and supports the display of a Metaforms application that is defined in XML.
- Metaforms Designer Studio supports the design of the user interface forms, rules, and data binding with any web service.
- Metaforms Workflow supports complex workflows that direct users through atomic tasks/actions to be performed.
- Metaforms Rules Engine supports the execution of business rules on the client desktop that are pertinent to the problem domain.
- Metaforms Transport can interface with any SOAP service that conforms to the latest standards. Users can implement data binding using the Metaforms Controls that are provided at design time. Metaforms supports the integration of third-party application services into the rendered application seamlessly.
- Metaforms Renderer is a runtime component that should be available on each client desktop. The Renderer is provided on both .NET, and Java platforms for appropriate client requirements.