ProKarma is currently seeking an AWS Developer to join our team in Portland, OR!
- Work with others on the team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Provide direction to others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Provide technical direction and solutions to other team members.
- Thorough knowledge of all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Participate in Requirements Analysis and creation of design (HLD, LLD). Develop prototype to certify the design and approach
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code and unit testing
- Create documentation on program development and subsequent revisions, provide necessary comments within the code to make it understandable
- Conduct System Integration, Support Integration and Performance Testing
- Integration of data storage solutions in spark – especially with AWS S3 object storage
- Provide production support: on call and managing defect/minor enhancement fixes and testing
- Actively participate in scrums and code reviews
- Need to ensure overall build delivery quality is good and on time delivery is done at all times
- Interact with other team members in a positive and supportive manner
- Excellent writing, documentation, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with AWS (EMR, Code Commit, EC2, IAM, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), RDS, ELB (Elastic load balancing), S3)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Airflow, Python/PySpark, Java/Java Web Services, Spring, REST Web Services, Node.js, React.js
- Demonstrated proficiency with database technologies such as SQL PL/SQL or MySQL.
- Strong experience in relational database management systems such as SQL Server, Sybase and Oracle.
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git or TFS.
- Hands on experience in developing ETL data pipelines using PySpark on AWS EMR
- Experience with RESTful APIs / JSON
- Hands on experience of XML processing using python
- Good understanding of Spark’s RDD API
- Good understanding of Spark’s Dataframe and API
- Experience and good understanding of Apache Spark Data sources API
- Experience of dealing with AWS S3 object storage from Spark
- Experience with FacetsTM preferred