Lead iOS Developer
PK is currently seeking a Lead iOS Developer to join our team in Denver, CO! The Lead iOS Developer will help us transform healthcare through digital technology.
Last time you were in your doctor’s office, did you find yourself wondering what it would be like if patient care could leverage the latest digital technologies? Let’s face it, patient care is stuck in the Stone Age. We are building the Digital team to fix that problem – would you like to be a part of that? This is just one example of the type of project you might be working on with PK’s Digital Practice.
- Coordinate between multiple cross-functional teams (Design, Backend and Front-end) both internally and with client teams
- Mentor Jr. Developers
- Provide ‘trailblazer’ technical solutions for his or her team
- Read, understand and translate specifications into coded solutions
- Drive code quality, identify and address gaps in documentation and provide technical leadership for their team
- Apply mobile application expertise on the iOS platform to improve the health care experience for both patients and providers.
- Work with customers, designers and UX experts to design and develop solutions to challenging problems
- Provide leadership to development teams and mentor junior developers by setting up standards and best practices for the entire project
- Work with QA and DevOps teams to come up with best possible ways to deliver quality products and Apps with a quick turnaround time
- Take calculated risks, learn from success or failure, and apply that to the next problem in the pipeline. Do all this in a way that respects team work, diversity of opinion, and maintains our organization’s mission (Know Me, Care for Me, Ease My Way), and core values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Excellence and Stewardship.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 6+ years’ experience of Objective-C based iOS development
- SWIFT 3.0 + experience required
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a team lead in a customer/management facing role
- Experience guiding and leading code reviews, establishing/documenting code quality standards and process
- Familiarity with automatic inspection tools
- Top notch communication skills to include verbal, written & presentation, as this is more of a client facing role
- Experience in developing best practices, software principles and code design concepts
- Experience in developing and supporting rapid iterations of software in an Agile context
- Good knowledge of common design patterns, frameworks and libraries for mobile development
- Experience in continuous integration and unit testing frameworks
- Ability to effectively work with Design and QA teams and setting up expectations by coordinating with them on regular basis
- In depth understanding of Cocoa Touch APIs
- In depth understanding of Adaptive layouts – iOS storyboards, auto layout, Size classes
- Multithreaded and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Caching techniques and the ability to strategize for powerful applications
- Good understanding of REST based services and service based architecture
- Currently published examples of Native iOS apps you have worked on in the App Store is a huge plus
- Commitment to producing top quality, well designed and flexible mobile applications
- A passion for code quality and craftsmanship