Senior Android Developer
ProKarma is currently seeking senior Android Developers to join our team in Denver, CO! The Android Developers will help us transform healthcare through digital technology.
Last time you were in your doctor’s office, did you find yourself wondering what it would be like if patient care could leverage the latest digital technologies? Let’s face it, patient care is stuck in the Stone Age. We are building the Digital team to fix that problem – would you like to be a part of that? This is just one example of the type of project you might be working on with ProKarma’s Digital Practice.
- Apply mobile application expertise on the Android platform to improve the health care experience for both patients and providers
- Work with customers, designers and UX experts to design and develop solutions to challenging problems
- Provide leadership to development teams and mentor junior developers by setting up standards and best practices for the entire project
- Work with QA and DevOps teams to come up with best possible ways to deliver quality products and Apps with a quick turnaround time
- Take calculated risks, learn from success or failure, and apply that to the next problem in the pipeline. Do all this in a way that respects team work, diversity of opinion, and maintains our organization’s mission (Know Me, Care for Me, Ease MyWay), and core values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Excellence and Stewardship.
- 6+ years’ experience of Java based Android (Native) development
- Experience in developing best practices, software principles and code design concepts
- Experience in developing and supporting rapid iterations of software in an Agile context
- Good knowledge of common design patterns, frameworks and libraries for mobile development
- Experience in continuous integration and unit testing frameworks
- Ability to effectively work with Design and QA teams and setting up expectations by coordinating with them on regular basis
- In depth understanding of Android UI framework, layouts and architecture
- Knowledge of Android multithreading, activity lifecycle and android application framework
- Good understanding of REST based services and service based architecture
- Currently published examples of Native Android apps you have worked on in the App Store is a huge plus
- Commitment to producing top quality, well designed and flexible mobile applications
- A passion for code quality and craftsmanship