Senior UI Designer
ProKarma is currently seeking a Senior UI Designer to join our team in Denver, CO! As our digital designer, you will work closely with the various product teams on several fast paced, next generation concepts. Your primary goals will be to invigorate users through aesthetically pleasing interfaces, define and deliver best-in-class subtle animations and transitions and be well versed in all digital interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, and mobile web. This individual needs to be an advocate for what the user wants and expects from a product. Understanding the digital space is key, don’t miniaturize, rethink the experience as it pertains to mobility and digital.
- Ability to drive user interaction through UX/UI design best practices and principals.
- Create smart and engaging user interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Work collaboratively as part of a cross functional team that includes customers, software engineers, testers and internal stakeholders
- Recommend solutions to design and usability problems
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions with customers and internal project teams
- Translate the company brand into user interface design
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, and release.
- Build prototypes using any method (whiteboard, paper, Balsamiq) to pixel-perfect hi-fidelity design.
- Research and stay current in mobile and web visual design practices and trends
- Travel as needed, up to 30% (not consistent travel)
- Experience in complex web apps and enterprise software a must.
- Translate low-fidelity mockups and high-level user acceptance criteria into hi-fidelity comps and detailed design criteria for development. Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Ability to articulate and justify design decisions.
- Humble but driven attitude, able to work with different personalities – across teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, careful attention to detail, and ability to drive consensus.
- Experience working as part of an integrated Agile development team and knowledge of the Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) Delivery model including best practices and methodologies.
- 5+ years digital design experience
- 5+ years designing specifically for mobile, enterprise and web applications
- Very strong knowledge of mobile design patterns, guidelines and nuances
- Highly proficient in your design tool of choice
- Must have a portfolio highlighting mobile and web design work that show strength in layout, color, and typography
- Experience creating user-centered interaction models, wireframes, screen-mockups, and final user interfaces
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with appropriate tools including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Invision, etc., as well as the entire Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with prototyping tools
- A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience